Our College’s guiding principles and the vision statement of our system of schools highlight the need to provide a safe and supportive environment for students. As Lasallians and as part of a system of schools that proudly declares a special consideration for each individual and the development of the whole person, we are bound to provide for this.
Our pastoral care policy provides a tangible link between contemporary society and the messages of the Gospel. It encourages the development of Christian values and, in doing so, adds to the personal and moral development of our students.
The College Pastoral Care Policy aims to:
- Support the shared responsibility of all members of the community in the care for all
- Develop a sense of judgement, moral and social responsibility, and self-discipline
- Encourage the involvement of students and parents
- Motivate personal achievement, dignity, self esteem, and happiness of individuals.
- Create a sense of belonging, of pride, and an environment of justice
- Foster an atmosphere of reconciliation of relationships through restorative practices
- Create a solution-based (proactive) rather than problem-based (reactive) ethos